LINDER WAS NEAR DEATH
Film Actor and Wife Overcome by Sleeping Powder in Vienna.
Max Linder, the noted French moving picture actor, and his wife, who were found in a hotel room this morning in what was at first believed to be a dying condition from an overdose of sleeping powder, are rapidly recovering. The attending physicians reported that the serious symptoms which were apparent early in the day had disappeared, and they issued a statement, in accord with the judicial authorities who investigated the case, that the overdose was taken accidentally. The couple have been removed to a sanitorium. (The New York Times, Feb. 24th 1924)