Since the last update the following changes and additions have been made:
21 April 2017
• The UK/US release title of Madame a ses vapeurs has been identified.
• Another title Aventure orageuse has been added to the list of films, in which Linder may have taken part in.
• Full text of some 1917-articles, as well as two further translations of his 1914 interview with "The World" Magazine in Swedish (unintentionally illustrated by "BIO" with a picture of Max-"Imitator" André Séchan) and Finnish were added.
26 February 2017
• Thanks to two articles in French ("Lausanne artistique") from 1918,
• the formerly unknown sketch Le baromètre de la fidélité (1918) and
• a more detailed description of "The bill" (L'addition) are added.
• The UK/US release title of Ah! Quel malheur d'avoir un gendre has been identified.
• It seems that prints of Les effets des pilules, Un jeune homme timide, Un fiancé trop occupé, Un mari peu veinard, On demande un gendre à l'essai and Max et sa belle-mère (1911), are extant. <gaumontpathearchives.com>
• The availability of Au music hall on DVD has been made known to me.
• Finally, an article in German is added, indicating that Max initially had planned to start off his tour-"career" in London in July 1912.
10 January 2017
• some pictures (Darcourt, A. Marius, Blanche, Perroni, Germaine Demontèz and Lukas) added to the Names page,
• an additional source, that Linder did appear in Ma montre retarde, was found,
• an earlier release date of Be my wife has been found, and
• The date of his accident at the Alhambra in 1913 was changed to Sep. 2, a day earlier than previously thought.
Copyright © 2006 [Georg Renken]. ─ E-mail: email@example.com ─ Stand: April 2017 ─ Alle Rechte vorbehalten